How do I become more aware of where my anger comes from?

Self-monitoring is a good tool for becoming aware of anger issues. It usually takes the form of a daily written record of the athlete's anger and issues surrounding the anger. Athletes who experience difficulty with severe anger or aggression may be referred to a psychologist. Although anger may flare up during alcohol and drug use, in addition to "roid rage," most anger issues stem from unresolved conflicts.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
Are problems with anger control serious?
Yes, anger control problems can be serious. Adverse health effects can occur such as headaches, slee...
What techniques can I use to manage my anger?
Exercise is a great way to help you manage anger. Engaging in physical activity stimulates the brain...
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?