How do I become more aware of where my anger comes from?

Self-monitoring is a good tool for becoming aware of anger issues. It usually takes the form of a daily written record of the athlete's anger and issues surrounding the anger. Athletes who experience difficulty with severe anger or aggression may be referred to a psychologist. Although anger may flare up during alcohol and drug use, in addition to "roid rage," most anger issues stem from unresolved conflicts.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
Can anger control problems indicate other mental health issues?
Yes, having a problem controlling your anger may be an indication of another mental health issue. An...
How can I reduce anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Here are eight tips to help you reduce anger.  1. Learn your anger triggers. We all have triggers ...
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?
How Can I Calm Down When I'm Angry?