How can an anger management contract help me control my anger?

Signing an anger management contract is a way of making a commitment. It is like promising yourself that you will work hard to change your behavior. Sharing this commitment with other people—friends, family members, teachers, or other important adults—will help you honor it.

The first step is to decide what cues you will use to let these people know when you are getting angry. Your contract will also identify places where you can go to cool down and let others know what to do—and what not to do—when you get angry.

Once you have drawn up your contract, think about whom you will ask to help you. Some possibilities include your parents, teachers, counselor, coach, siblings, and close friends. Write their names here.

Make several copies of your contract. Keep one for yourself and give the others to those you have chosen. Check off each name when you give that person a copy of your contract.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
The funny thing about your heart not being in your job is that your job finds a way to affect your heart anyway. When researchers looked at men who fe...
How can drinking alcohol affect anger?
When you're thinking, "Boy, I need a drink," think again. The trouble is alcohol won't relieve h...
How can I identify if someone has an anger control problem?
There are some signs you can use to identify if a person has an anger control problem. You may feel ...
How Can I Manage My Anger?
How Can I Manage My Anger?