How can an anger management contract help me control my anger?

Signing an anger management contract is a way of making a commitment. It is like promising yourself that you will work hard to change your behavior. Sharing this commitment with other people—friends, family members, teachers, or other important adults—will help you honor it.

The first step is to decide what cues you will use to let these people know when you are getting angry. Your contract will also identify places where you can go to cool down and let others know what to do—and what not to do—when you get angry.

Once you have drawn up your contract, think about whom you will ask to help you. Some possibilities include your parents, teachers, counselor, coach, siblings, and close friends. Write their names here.

Make several copies of your contract. Keep one for yourself and give the others to those you have chosen. Check off each name when you give that person a copy of your contract.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
How can I control my anger as a teen?
Kevin Wilson, LPCKevin Wilson, LPC
To control anger as a teen, I’m really into mindfulness. I refer to this as the longest twelve inche...
How does chronic anger affect my brain health?
AARPAARP
Quick temper? Instead of yelling, take a few minutes to cool down. The stress of chronic anger can a...
How Can I Manage My Anger?
How Can I Manage My Anger?