What are some triggers that affect anger control?

Triggers are things - people, situations, stress - that cause your feelings of anger to escalate. These triggers vary from person to person, and it is important for you to identify what sets you off. Possible triggers may include financial issues; problems with particular individuals such as a child, spouse, or colleague; driving in traffic; or situations not going as you had planned. In addition, experiencing a new or sudden illness can lead to angry feelings that are difficult to control.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
When you need to make a tough decision, just think about the last time you were angry. Sounds counterintuitive, but a little anger can actually help ...
How can I manage my anger?
While you may think that lashing out or hitting a pillow or punching bag helps you release tension, ...
Can anger control problems indicate other mental health issues?
Yes, having a problem controlling your anger may be an indication of another mental health issue. An...
What Are the Symptoms of an Anger Control Problem?