What are some triggers that affect anger control?

Triggers are things - people, situations, stress - that cause your feelings of anger to escalate. These triggers vary from person to person, and it is important for you to identify what sets you off. Possible triggers may include financial issues; problems with particular individuals such as a child, spouse, or colleague; driving in traffic; or situations not going as you had planned. In addition, experiencing a new or sudden illness can lead to angry feelings that are difficult to control.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
How can writing help me cope with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
When you hold in your anger, it is likely to build. Expressing your feelings is an important fir...
How can humor help me cope with anger?
A situation that makes you angry is likely to have a different outcome depending on whether you allo...
What Are the Symptoms of an Anger Control Problem?