Who can get an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)?

About 60% to 70% of aneurysm patients can have an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR, also called "stent grafting"). It depends on two factors:
  • The shape of your aorta. To have an EVAR, you need to have a section of normal aorta that is long enough to hold the stent in place.
  • Your commitment and ability to have lifetime follow-up tests to monitor the stent.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
What is an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)?
Dr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MDDr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MD
An abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is essentially a dilation of the aorta, which is the biggest bloo...
What happens during an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) is a procedure performed to repair an abdominal aortic aneur...
What are the symptoms of an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)?
Some patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) have no symptoms at all and the condition is disc...