What are descending thoracic aneurysms?

Descending thoracic aneurysms are those that occur above the diaphragm and may include the aortic arch. The most common causes of thoracic aneurysms are idiopathic cystic medial degeneration, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), and connective tissue disorders such as Marfan syndrome.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

how can i avoid stressing out about my aneurysm ?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
It is common to feel anxious after receiving the diagnosis of an aortic aneurysm. Let me assure you ...
what causes hospital readmission following avr surgery ?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Close follow-up can reduce complications and hospital readmission following aortic valve replacement...
who performs endovascular procedures ?
SCAISCAI
Endovascular procedures are performed by doctors with special training in blood vessel health and in...
what is the hybrid approach for aortic aneurysms ?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Patients who have extensive aortic aneurysms (affecting both the ascending aorta and aortic arch, an...