What are the potential complications of endovascular grafting?

Deborah Davis
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Your doctor will discuss the results of the procedure with you.  Endovascular grafting produces very good outcomes.  Patients will require follow-up for the stent-graft, but can be expected in most circumstances to live a normal life after this.  Patients with aneurysms in general should adopt a healthy lifestyle, such as watching their diet an maintaining a routine exercise regimen.  These individuals have an increased risk of heart disease and atherosclerosis, and a full evaluation of their risk profile for these diseases should be carried out in conjunction with the aneurysm repair.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
How is an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) found?
Life Line ScreeningLife Line Screening
If you are thin and have a moderately large-sized abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), you or your docto...
How long can I delay scheduling surgery for an aneurysm?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
If a patient has a known aneurysm and surgery is advised, the decision to delay or forego surgery in...
What is an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)?
Dr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MDDr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MD
An abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is essentially a dilation of the aorta, which is the biggest bloo...