What is the recovery time from valve sparing aneurysm repair?

The operating takes 3-3.5 hours in total and after surgery the patient typically is in the intensive care unit for one day. Patients begin walking shortly after surgery and most patients are discharged within 4 or 5 days. At home, patients are able to walk up and down stairs, sleep in a normal bed, and eat a regular diet.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
What happens before an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) is a minimally invasive (without a large abdominal incision) pro...
How is an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) found?
Life Line ScreeningLife Line Screening
If you are thin and have a moderately large-sized abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), you or your docto...
When should I call my doctor after an endovascular aneurysm repair?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any of these symptoms after an endovascular ane...