What is the recovery time from valve sparing aneurysm repair?

The operating takes 3-3.5 hours in total and after surgery the patient typically is in the intensive care unit for one day. Patients begin walking shortly after surgery and most patients are discharged within 4 or 5 days. At home, patients are able to walk up and down stairs, sleep in a normal bed, and eat a regular diet.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

How does diabetes affect my risk for aneurysms?
Dr. David W. Drucker, MDDr. David W. Drucker, MD
People with diabetes have a very high risk for developing vascular disease. Because of this, healthc...
How can I reduce my risk of an aneurysm?
If you know you’re at risk for aneurysms, you need to notify your doctor. The biggest risk factor fo...
Who is a candidate for fenestrated aortic stent grafting?
Joshua I. Greenberg, MDJoshua I. Greenberg, MD
Patients who are candidates for fenestrated aortic stent grafting have aneurysms close to the kidney...
What is an endograft?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Doctors perform minimally invasive endovascular procedures to treat aortic aneurysms, using cloth-co...