Does having an aneurysm mean that an operation is necessary?

The presence of an aneurysm does not absolutely mean that an operation is necessary. It is important, though, to meet with an aortic specialist. This evaluation will outline a plan for the future. Possibilities may include careful follow-up with CT scans to assess the stability of the aneurysm's size, lifestyle modification to decrease stress and control blood pressure, and surgery.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

what are the dangers of an aneurysm ?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Aneurysms may burst and bleed into the brain, causing serious complications, including hemorrhagic s...
how long can i delay scheduling surgery for an aneurysm ?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
If a patient has a known aneurysm and surgery is advised, the decision to delay or forego surgery in...
how can i avoid stressing out about my aneurysm ?
It is common to feel anxious after receiving the diagnosis of an aortic aneurysm. Let me assure you ...
who is the ideal patient for a valve sparing aneurysm repair ?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The ideal patient for this procedure is a patient whose abdominal aorta is approximately 5 cm in...