What are the side effects of etidocaine?

There are many side effects associated with the use of etidocaine. Some effects include:

• lightheadedness, apprehension, nervousness, euphoria, confusion, drowsiness, dizziness, blurred or double vision, vomiting, twitching and convulsions, and or a feeling of coldness and numbness.

If you experience any of the side effects, you should notify your doctor to make sure that you are not having an adverse reaction or were administered too much of the local anesthetic. Your doctor should be on alert in case you have an allergic reaction to the drug, which may cause breathing difficulties, hives, rash, or swelling in the face, mouth, or throat.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
Is sedation analgesia (conscious sedation) safe?
When given appropriately, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- which induces a semi-conscious...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...