What should I avoid while taking lidocaine and epinephrine?

Make sure your doctor is aware of all of the medications you are taking while using lidocaine and epinephrine. You should avoid medications that can have serious reactions. Also, avoid grapefruit products and chewing on food and gum while your mouth is numb. Because you cannot feel pain, you may not notice biting your tongue or cheek until the numbing effect wears off.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How will I be monitored during sedation analgesia (conscious sedation)?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
During conscious sedation your vital signs will be monitored closely and frequently. These vital sig...
How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and ChildrenTulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children
The more frequently seen risks and side effects of an epidural (which actually are not that common) ...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...