Why should I care about my anamnesis?

Your anamnesis, or family health history, can help you understand your health conditions and risks. If you and your doctor are able to determine the medical patterns that run through your family, you can protect yourself against seriously harmful diseases. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 96% of Americans know this fact, but only 1/3 of Americans actually attempt to record their family health history. While having an idea of the conditions that run in your family is helpful, it is much more helpful to have a written record of possible diseases.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

How do I determine my anamnesis?
Determining your anamnesis, or medical history, can be challenging, especially if you do not have a ...
Can I create an electronic anamnesis?
In today's technological era, electronic medical records are becoming more and more important. For t...
How is anamnesis used?
Doctors can use anamnesis, or your medical history, to help improve your health. There are several w...
What diseases can anamnesis predict?
Not all diseases run in families. For this reason, your anamnesis cannot predict your risk for all c...