Why should I care about my anamnesis?

Your anamnesis, or family health history, can help you understand your health conditions and risks. If you and your doctor are able to determine the medical patterns that run through your family, you can protect yourself against seriously harmful diseases. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 96% of Americans know this fact, but only 1/3 of Americans actually attempt to record their family health history. While having an idea of the conditions that run in your family is helpful, it is much more helpful to have a written record of possible diseases.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

Who will ask for my anamnesis?
Your doctor will want to know about your anamnesis when attempting to make a diagnosis or prescribe ...
What should I do with my anamnesis when I finish it?
After you have completed a report of your medical history, or anamnesis, you should give it to your ...
Can I create an anamnesis without doing family research?
Your medical history consists not only of conditions you have had, but also of conditions that run i...
Will National Family History Day help me compile my anamnesis?
Since 2004, each Thanksgiving has also been labeled as National Family History Day. On this day, ind...