Why should I care about my anamnesis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Your anamnesis, or family health history, can help you understand your health conditions and risks. If you and your doctor are able to determine the medical patterns that run through your family, you can protect yourself against seriously harmful diseases. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 96% of Americans know this fact, but only 1/3 of Americans actually attempt to record their family health history. While having an idea of the conditions that run in your family is helpful, it is much more helpful to have a written record of possible diseases.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

How can my anamnesis help doctors diagnose my disease?
If your doctor knows your medical history, or anamnesis, he or she better knows what to look for whe...
Will having an anamnesis make me healthier?
There is nothing magical about having an anamnesis. Knowing your family history cannot increase your...
Can I create an electronic anamnesis?
In today's technological era, electronic medical records are becoming more and more important. For t...
What is anamnesis?
Anamnesis is another term for a person's medical history. When compiling your anamnesis, you need to...