What is anamnesis?

Anamnesis is another term for a person's medical history. When compiling your anamnesis, you need to think not only about diseases that have affected you in your lifetime, but you must also consider those that run in your family. Doctors can use your anamnesis to help diagnose diseases and to determine whether or not you have an increased risk of developing certain conditions.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

Who will ask for my anamnesis?
Your doctor will want to know about your anamnesis when attempting to make a diagnosis or prescribe ...
Will National Family History Day help me compile my anamnesis?
Since 2004, each Thanksgiving has also been labeled as National Family History Day. On this day, ind...
Will having an anamnesis make me healthier?
There is nothing magical about having an anamnesis. Knowing your family history cannot increase your...
How can anamnesis help me prevent disease?
Doctors who know your anamnesis can help determine what types of disorders you are at risk for. This...