What is anamnesis?

Anamnesis is another term for a person's medical history. When compiling your anamnesis, you need to think not only about diseases that have affected you in your lifetime, but you must also consider those that run in your family. Doctors can use your anamnesis to help diagnose diseases and to determine whether or not you have an increased risk of developing certain conditions.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

What should go into my anamnesis?
You should try to get family health information for at least three generations when completing your ...
How can I get members of my family to help me with my anamnesis?
In some cases, your family members may be hesitant to talk about their medical histories, making it ...
How do I determine my anamnesis?
Determining your anamnesis, or medical history, can be challenging, especially if you do not have a ...
How is anamnesis used?
Doctors can use anamnesis, or your medical history, to help improve your health. There are several w...