What is anamnesis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Anamnesis is another term for a person's medical history. When compiling your anamnesis, you need to think not only about diseases that have affected you in your lifetime, but you must also consider those that run in your family. Doctors can use your anamnesis to help diagnose diseases and to determine whether or not you have an increased risk of developing certain conditions.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

What diseases can anamnesis predict?
Not all diseases run in families. For this reason, your anamnesis cannot predict your risk for all c...
Who will ask for my anamnesis?
Your doctor will want to know about your anamnesis when attempting to make a diagnosis or prescribe ...
What should I do with my anamnesis when I finish it?
After you have completed a report of your medical history, or anamnesis, you should give it to your ...
What documents do I need to examine my anamnesis?
If your family has not kept any documents, like birth certificates or health records, you can still ...