How can I get members of my family to help me with my anamnesis?

In some cases, your family members may be hesitant to talk about their medical histories, making it difficult for you to complete your anamnesis. However, you can increase your chances if you tell your relatives why you're asking them questions, explaining that they can help you stay healthy in the future. Asking direct questions and being respectful of the answers is also important. Finally, it also helps to ensure your family members that you won?t share their information with anyone other than your doctor and/or other members of the family. However, your family members may be more likely to help if you offer to share the information you collect with them.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

How can anamnesis help me prevent disease?
Doctors who know your anamnesis can help determine what types of disorders you are at risk for. This...
Can I create an anamnesis without doing family research?
Your medical history consists not only of conditions you have had, but also of conditions that run i...
What should I do if I have missing information in my anamnesis?
Most people will have some information missing from their anamnesis. If you can't find all of the an...
What should I do with my anamnesis when I finish it?
After you have completed a report of your medical history, or anamnesis, you should give it to your ...