How can my anamnesis help doctors diagnose my disease?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If your doctor knows your medical history, or anamnesis, he or she better knows what to look for when making a diagnosis. Knowing that a certain disorder runs in your family will clue your doctor in to look for or test for the disorder. This is especially important if there is a history of a disease that is not generally tested for in your family. Doctors who have access to your anamnesis know what tests to do in order to make sure disorders are caught in a timely manner.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

What is anamnesis?
Anamnesis is another term for a person's medical history. When compiling your anamnesis, you need to...
Why should I care about my anamnesis?
Your anamnesis, or family health history, can help you understand your health conditions and risks. ...
Can I create an electronic anamnesis?
In today's technological era, electronic medical records are becoming more and more important. For t...
How can I get members of my family to help me with my anamnesis?
In some cases, your family members may be hesitant to talk about their medical histories, making it ...