How can my anamnesis help doctors diagnose my disease?

If your doctor knows your medical history, or anamnesis, he or she better knows what to look for when making a diagnosis. Knowing that a certain disorder runs in your family will clue your doctor in to look for or test for the disorder. This is especially important if there is a history of a disease that is not generally tested for in your family. Doctors who have access to your anamnesis know what tests to do in order to make sure disorders are caught in a timely manner.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

Can I create an anamnesis without doing family research?
Your medical history consists not only of conditions you have had, but also of conditions that run i...
How can I get members of my family to help me with my anamnesis?
In some cases, your family members may be hesitant to talk about their medical histories, making it ...
Will having an anamnesis make me healthier?
There is nothing magical about having an anamnesis. Knowing your family history cannot increase your...
What documents do I need to examine my anamnesis?
If your family has not kept any documents, like birth certificates or health records, you can still ...