Can I create an anamnesis if I'm adopted?

If you're adopted, it can be harder for you to compile an anamnesis. Of course, you can always begin with your own medical history. It is also not impossible for you to get this vital information. In an open adoption, you can ask your birth parents and their family members about their medical history. In some cases, adoption agencies collect medical information from birth parents and keep this information on file. You can also ask your adoptive parents whether they received any medical information about your genetic family at the time of the adoption.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

What should go into my anamnesis?
You should try to get family health information for at least three generations when completing your ...
Can I put my anamnesis in a family tree?
Yes. In fact, putting your anamnesis in a family tree can actually be a great way to visualize the c...
What should I do with my anamnesis when I finish it?
After you have completed a report of your medical history, or anamnesis, you should give it to your ...
What diseases can anamnesis predict?
Not all diseases run in families. For this reason, your anamnesis cannot predict your risk for all c...