Can I create an anamnesis if I'm adopted?

If you're adopted, it can be harder for you to compile an anamnesis. Of course, you can always begin with your own medical history. It is also not impossible for you to get this vital information. In an open adoption, you can ask your birth parents and their family members about their medical history. In some cases, adoption agencies collect medical information from birth parents and keep this information on file. You can also ask your adoptive parents whether they received any medical information about your genetic family at the time of the adoption.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

What should I do with my anamnesis when I finish it?
After you have completed a report of your medical history, or anamnesis, you should give it to your ...
What documents do I need to examine my anamnesis?
If your family has not kept any documents, like birth certificates or health records, you can still ...
Will National Family History Day help me compile my anamnesis?
Since 2004, each Thanksgiving has also been labeled as National Family History Day. On this day, ind...
How can I get members of my family to help me with my anamnesis?
In some cases, your family members may be hesitant to talk about their medical histories, making it ...