If I take oxandrolone (Oxandrin) will it harm my baby?

Yes. Because oxandrolone is made from testosterone, when it crosses the placenta to reach the fetus, it can cause a female fetus to develop masculine features and impair future fertility. Oxandrolone has been assigned to Pregnancy Category X by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which means that there is strong evidence that oxandrolone causes fetal harm if you take it during pregnancy. You should also refrain from nursing while taking this medicine.

You should consider preventing pregnancy through birth control or abstinence while taking this medicine.

Continue Learning about Anabolic Steroid

What should I know about the steroids used in asthma medication?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
The inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) you take for your asthma are quite safe, even for young children. ...
Who should not take anabolic steroids?
Because there is a risk of liver damage when taking anabolic steroids, people with liver disease...
What are the side effects of anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroids can cause a variety of side effects, some of which may be serious. Seek emerg...
What should I know about anabolic steroids before taking them?
Before taking anabolic steroids, you should know that it is very important that you only use thi...