Will amyotrophic lateral sclerosis make it hard for me to get dressed?

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) causes generalized muscle deterioration, which can manifest early on as both weakness and as difficulty making precise movements. These symptoms can make it difficult to put on certain types of clothing. If ALS is making it hard to get dressed in the morning, there are some solutions. You can wear clothing without zippers and buttons. Alternatively, button hooks and zipper pulls are technological supplements that can make it easier for you to manipulate the clothing you already have.

Continue Learning about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
A few years ago, you may have been captivated by viral videos, Facebook callouts and images of local celebrities, like Jake Shimabukuro or Lee Ann Won...
What should I discuss with my doctor if I have been diagnosed with ALS?
If you have been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) you should discuss with your doc...
What is the prognosis for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Generally, once a person is diagnosed with ALS, the average survival time is three to five years. I...
Is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis serious?
Angela Mark, MDAngela Mark, MD
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. It is very serious as it ...