When is disease less likely to occur?

For over 20 years, Joseph Mercola, D.O., a board-certified osteopath, has been fearlessly pushing the boundaries of the traditional doctor's role, working to empower patients with alternatives to traditional medicine. His Web site is the most-visited alternative-medicine destination on the Web, receiving over 12 million hits every month. He's often controversial, yet many of his pioneering ideas -- including the importance of vitamin D and the health hazards of high-fructose corn syrup -- are now part of mainstream medicine.

"Most traditional approaches focus on drugs and surgery and tend to ignore the foundational causes," says Mercola. "What I seek to do is apply the truths that essentially allow our body's health to take precedence."  Disease is less likely to occur once you've incorporated healthy habits involving food, diet, exercise, and sleep into your lifestyle.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: What You Need to Know About the Medical Cannabis Program
Depending on whom you talk to, medical cannabis (also known as marijuana) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
Is preventive medicine holistic?
Chris KilhamChris Kilham
Holistic means that something is approached from a total mind and body perspective. The ongoing prev...
Are practitioners of alternative medicine licensed?
Elissa MullenElissa Mullen
This is a very important question. Every Alternative Medical Field has a licensing process. Educatio...
How Should I Eat to Keep My Chakras Balanced?