When is disease less likely to occur?

For over 20 years, Joseph Mercola, D.O., a board-certified osteopath, has been fearlessly pushing the boundaries of the traditional doctor's role, working to empower patients with alternatives to traditional medicine. His Web site is the most-visited alternative-medicine destination on the Web, receiving over 12 million hits every month. He's often controversial, yet many of his pioneering ideas -- including the importance of vitamin D and the health hazards of high-fructose corn syrup -- are now part of mainstream medicine.

"Most traditional approaches focus on drugs and surgery and tend to ignore the foundational causes," says Mercola. "What I seek to do is apply the truths that essentially allow our body's health to take precedence."  Disease is less likely to occur once you've incorporated healthy habits involving food, diet, exercise, and sleep into your lifestyle.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

Sauna Vs. Steamer
Sauna Vs. Steamer
In 2014, when the Miami Heat played in their fourth NBA final they thought they’d stay hot for seasons to come. But they cooled down when LeBron took ...
How do magnolia bark supplements work to help me fall asleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Magnolia bark is a natural supplement that helps reduce anxiety, which may help you drift off to sle...
What should I look for regarding alternative medicine?
While a large number of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) professionals have their patien...
Practice Tai Chi for Better Blood Sugar
Practice Tai Chi for Better Blood Sugar