What is the importance of wellness-oriented medicine?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
I believe that the importance of wellness-oriented medicine is that it takes a holistic approach to the patient, which requires a partnership between patient and physician and honors the body's inate ability to heal.
We know that most disease is caused by poor lifestyle choices such as unhealthy eating, lack of exercise and smoking.  When wellness is the goal, prevention becomes a high priority.  Prevention is the ultimate cure for any condition. Educating patients and helping them to make healthy choices enhances their ability to prevent disease and maintain wellness.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

What precautions should I consider with holistic psychotherapy?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Each patient responds differently to holistic psychotherapy. It is best that patients attend session...
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?
Is Preventative Medicine Supported By Scientific Evidence?
How Can I Use Positive Thought to Get What I Want?