What is the importance of wellness-oriented medicine?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
I believe that the importance of wellness-oriented medicine is that it takes a holistic approach to the patient, which requires a partnership between patient and physician and honors the body's inate ability to heal.
We know that most disease is caused by poor lifestyle choices such as unhealthy eating, lack of exercise and smoking.  When wellness is the goal, prevention becomes a high priority.  Prevention is the ultimate cure for any condition. Educating patients and helping them to make healthy choices enhances their ability to prevent disease and maintain wellness.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

The Healing Environment
The Healing Environment
Recuperating in a hospital, nursing home, or other healthcare facility can be a stressful experience. Ambient noise, light, smells, and crowds can lea...
What is oil pulling?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
We have all used oil to cook our food and maybe you have even used it for massage, but did you know ...
How can I perform general self-sweeping of my health rays?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
This technique is a combination of general sweeping of another person’s health rays with your prefer...
How Meditation Can Change Your Skin Temperature