Can lymphangiomatosis be prevented?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

There is no known way to prevent lymphangiomatosis. The condition, in which benign tumors grow in the pathways of the lymphatic system, is congenital. Symptoms usually occur during childhood and are almost always present by the age of 20.

Continue Learning about Alternative & Complementary Care for Cancers

What should be included in a plan for cancer rehabilitation?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Rehabilitation medicine deals with prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and maximizing recovery fro...
Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangiomatosis?
If you have lymphangiomatosis, you should talk with your doctor about treatment options. The conditi...
Why should I write in a journal about my cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Writing in a journal is a very private way of becoming more aware of how you feel about your cancer ...
Are there alternative treatments for lymphangiomatosis?
A diet that is low in fat and high in protein can be used to treat lymphangiomatosis. However, diet ...