What should I do if I get stung by a bee and have an anaphylactic reaction?

Anaphylactic reactions are severe allergic reactions that can frequently, but not always, be fatal. It can occur in people who have had a prior allergic reaction to, for example, a bee sting. It can also happen to a person at first exposure, though this is rare. When this happens, it is important for the person to get to the nearest hospital emergency room as soon as possible. People who have had prior exposure and reaction should always carry an EpiPen and know how to use it.

Continue Learning about Allergies

know before you go : what is an allergy test like ?
if you have allergies , you’re not alone . more than 50 million americans have allergies , making them the sixth most common cause of chronic illness ...
how can an allergic reaction become life threatening ?
On their own, skin allergies are not usually life-threatening. However, if skin allergy reactions ar...
should i call 9-1-1 if someone is having an allergic reaction ?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number if the person: Has trouble breathing Complains of the th...
what are allergies ?
Allergies occur as a result of your immune system overreacting to a foreign substance. In an effort ...