Where do winter allergens linger the most in the house?

Tania Elliott, MD
Winter allergens (pet and dust allergens) stay in the air longer, and live on your bedding/furniture, so it's key to keep your house clean and use an air purifier. Watch me share tips for winter allergy sufferers. 
One of the biggest culprits for winter allergies is the bedroom bookshelf. Your books and collectables aren’t the only things on your shelves - winter allergens are lingering there as well. Bookshelves collect dust and mites that can trigger symptoms like itchy eyes, congestion and sore throat. You can get some relief by cleaning thoroughly at least once a week, but if you need a more permanent solution, it’s best to remove the bookshelf from your bedroom entirely.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Allergies Causes & Risk Factors

How many people suffer from seasonal allergies?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Food and Drug Administration estimates that there are approximately 36 million people in the Uni...
Can I be allergic to housework?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
If you declare, "I am allergic to housework," you're most likely just off the definition mark. Rathe...
Kids, Food Allergies and Bullying
Kids, Food Allergies and Bullying
Tips to Prevent Asthma
Tips to Prevent Asthma