Most skin allergies are not contagious. This is because allergic reactions are caused by the unique response of each individual's immune system. Substances that cause a reaction in one person may not cause a reaction in someone else, even if both people have the same skin condition. Most of the time, hives and rashes caused by skin allergies won't even spread to other parts of the same person's body, let alone parts of someone else's body.
- Q What can cause indoor allergies?
- Q Why are allergies so common today?
- Q Could my environment make me more likely to develop allergies?
- Q How common are skin allergies?
- Q What substances in indoor air irritate allergies?
- Q Which season of the year is the worst for allergies?