Most skin allergies are not contagious. This is because allergic reactions are caused by the unique response of each individual's immune system. Substances that cause a reaction in one person may not cause a reaction in someone else, even if both people have the same skin condition. Most of the time, hives and rashes caused by skin allergies won't even spread to other parts of the same person's body, let alone parts of someone else's body.
- Q How can refrigerators trigger allergies?
- Q What causes allergy symptoms?
- Q Why are allergies so common today?
- Q What substances can commonly cause skin allergy reactions on contact?
- Q Why are allergies becoming more common?
- Q What causes allergies to drugs and food?