Most skin allergies are not contagious. This is because allergic reactions are caused by the unique response of each individual's immune system. Substances that cause a reaction in one person may not cause a reaction in someone else, even if both people have the same skin condition. Most of the time, hives and rashes caused by skin allergies won't even spread to other parts of the same person's body, let alone parts of someone else's body.
- Q What causes allergy symptoms?
- Q How many people suffer from seasonal allergies?
- Q How can refrigerators trigger allergies?
- Q What increases my risk for skin allergies?
- Q What causes allergies to pets?
- Q Is my office building an allergy risk factor?