Most skin allergies are not contagious. This is because allergic reactions are caused by the unique response of each individual's immune system. Substances that cause a reaction in one person may not cause a reaction in someone else, even if both people have the same skin condition. Most of the time, hives and rashes caused by skin allergies won't even spread to other parts of the same person's body, let alone parts of someone else's body.
- Q Are allergies inherited?
- Q What causes skin allergies?
- Q Which season of the year is the worst for allergies?
- Q How can refrigerators trigger allergies?
- Q Is my office building an allergy risk factor?
- Q What foods can commonly cause skin allergies?