Can I be allergic to housework?

If you declare, "I am allergic to housework," you're most likely just off the definition mark. Rather, you should declare, "I have an aversion to housework." An "aversion" is a strong dislike.

However, if you suffer from dust-mite and mold-spore allergies, then the former might be an accurate description. Cleaning up the house stirs up potential allergens like dust, spores, and pet hair, potentially causing an allergic reaction.

Continue Learning about Allergies Causes & Risk Factors

How can refrigerators trigger allergies?
Every time you open and close your refrigerator, mold spores that have collected in the door seal ar...
Can foods trigger seasonal allergies?
Clifford W. Bassett, MDClifford W. Bassett, MD
It is estimated that up to one half of those who suffer with seasonal allergies to pesky tree, grass...
Are Allergies Inherited?
Are Allergies Inherited?
What Are Common Allergy Triggers?
What Are Common Allergy Triggers?