Can I be allergic to housework?

If you declare, "I am allergic to housework," you're most likely just off the definition mark. Rather, you should declare, "I have an aversion to housework." An "aversion" is a strong dislike.

However, if you suffer from dust-mite and mold-spore allergies, then the former might be an accurate description. Cleaning up the house stirs up potential allergens like dust, spores, and pet hair, potentially causing an allergic reaction.

Continue Learning about Allergies Causes & Risk Factors

What causes allergies to pets?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Contrary to what many people think, it’s not the animal’s fur that people are allergic to. The culpr...
Are allergies inherited?
Margaret L. McKenzie, MDMargaret L. McKenzie, MD
Allergies often run in families.Watch this video to learn what you can do to minimize allergies in y...
How does climate change affect seasonal allergies?
Medical City DallasMedical City Dallas
Climate change can possibly play a factor in worsening allergies. It can mean more CO2 in the air an...
How does humidity make my allergies worse?
It's not just mold and mildew (both allergens in their own right) that thrive in moist, warm environ...