Can I be allergic to housework?

If you declare, "I am allergic to housework," you're most likely just off the definition mark. Rather, you should declare, "I have an aversion to housework." An "aversion" is a strong dislike.

However, if you suffer from dust-mite and mold-spore allergies, then the former might be an accurate description. Cleaning up the house stirs up potential allergens like dust, spores, and pet hair, potentially causing an allergic reaction.

Continue Learning about Allergies Causes & Risk Factors

Are my allergies work-related?
Deborah DavisDeborah Davis
Something in your physical surroundings may act as an irritant that triggers an allergic reaction or...
What are some tips for dealing with allergies?
The best tip for dealing with allergies is to avoid being exposed to whatever triggers the allergic ...
Tips to Prevent Asthma
Tips to Prevent Asthma
What Are Common Allergy Triggers?
What Are Common Allergy Triggers?