What are the symptoms of binge drinking?

Binge drinking is defined by both the amount of alcohol consumed and the time period in which it is consumed. Although definitions vary, a general rule is that men who consume five or more alcoholic beverages in two hours or less are considered to be binge drinking. For women, four or more drinks in the same time period qualify as binge drinking.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
Bring out the sparkly dress, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to celebrate New Year’s! Just remember that no celebration is worth a bad hangove...
How can I tell if I have a drinking problem?
If you suspect that you or someone you know has a drinking problem, answer the questions below t...
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Harmful alcohol use is responsible for more than 3 million global deaths a year, according to a new World Health Organization report.
Why Charlie Sheen Supported Johnny Manziel