Do I have a drinking problem?

While some people medicate their emotions with something from the freezer, others do it with something from the bottle. Make sure you or someone you love doesn't have an alcohol problem that's masking a depression problem (or is an addiction in and of itself). You can do so by asking these questions. Answering yes to any of them is a red flag.
- Have you tried cutting down on drinking, but failed?
- Have you ever been annoyed by someone criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt guilty about drinking?
- Have you ever taken a morning eye-opener (tailgating parties excluded)?

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

Helping a Friend Who’s Had Too Much
Helping a Friend Who’s Had Too Much
The Hangover series took in over $1.4 BILLION worldwide -- ‘cause apparently people love to view guys who drink too much too quickly and make horrible...
How can I tell if I have a drinking problem?
If you suspect that you or someone you know has a drinking problem, answer the questions below t...
Why do I keep drinking more when I want to stop?
Ken BachrachKen Bachrach
One of the diagnostic criteria for substance dependence or addiction is that a person has “a persist...
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Harmful alcohol use is responsible for more than 3 million global deaths a year, according to a new World Health Organization report. More than 2 bil...