Does binge drinking run in families?

There may be some genetic factors involved in binge drinking. Alcoholism runs in families. Binge drinking is a common form of alcohol abuse. Binge drinking is also influenced by environmental factors. Being around people who binge drink can make it seem like an acceptable practice.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
Bring out the sparkly dress, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to celebrate New Year’s! Just remember that no celebration is worth a bad hangove...
Where can I find help to stop drinking alcohol if I am pregnant?
If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant and cannot stop drinking, get help! Contact your docto...
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Harmful alcohol use is responsible for more than 3 million global deaths a year, according to a new World Health Organization report.
The Alcoholism Treatment That Helped Danny Bonaduce and Jeremy Miller