What drinks help protect my arteries?

Mounting evidence now suggests that not just red wine but any alcoholic beverage helps protect us from arterial aging. When it comes to reducing your physiologic age, all alcoholic beverages seem to have the same effect: 4 ounces of wine is the same as one 12-ounce can of beer, which is the same as 1.5 ounces of 80-proof liquor. Moderate and regular consumption of alcohol reduces the risk of heart attack by as much as 30 percent, making your RealAge (physiologic age) 1.9 years younger.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

how much wine is too much ?
how much wine is too much ?
reaching for a glass of wine at the end of the day ? you’re not alone . americans drank 966 million gallons of wine in 2018 , according to wine instit...
what really happens to your body when you drink
whether it a pint of beer at the pub or a glass of wine at the end of a long day , we often think of alcohol as a good thing . drinking relaxes us . i...
how does alcohol affect my heart ?
A daily glass or two of red wine or other alcoholic beverage may help lower your risk for cardiovasc...
should i drink in moderation to protect my heart ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Despite some studies that have shown that alcohol can be beneficial in reducing the risks of heart d...