How can I cut calories from alcohol?

Dolvett Quince
Fitness
To cut calories from alcohol: Make a wine spritzer with half the wine and seltzer, or have a vodka cocktail with a twist or with soda water. In this video, I will explain how to avoid lots of sugar when you drink.
Lisa Lillien
Watching your weight doesn't mean having to give up alcohol completely. In this video, Hungry Girl author Lisa Lillien gives waistline-friendly drink and mixer ideas.
Keri Gans
Here are some ways to lower the calories you get from alcohol:
  • Switch from regular beer to light beer.
  • If your drink of choice is made with tonic, switch to club soda instead; if it’s made with cola, order it with diet soda.
  • Order a margarita on the rocks rather than a frozen margarita.
  • Alternate between your alcoholic beverage of choice and a glass of seltzer or water.
  • Before you go out for a drink, have a snack, like a piece of string cheese with fruit, a cup of nonfat yogurt and a piece of fruit, or a slice of cheese with several whole-grain crackers. It will help you drink less.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

How Alcohol Affects Women
How Alcohol Affects Women
Men are drinking less and women are drinking more—closing up the gender-drinking gap, says the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIA...
What does drinking in moderation mean?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
Drinking in moderation means 2 beers or less per day for men; 1 beer or less per day for women (with...
How can I protect myself against drunk drivers?
Your best defense against a drunk driver is to buckle up every time. Every person in every seat shou...
Kym Whitley Does a Simulated Drunk-Driving Course