Do hangovers indicate that I have a problem with alcohol?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you frequently experience hangovers, it may be a sign that you drink in excess too often. Consider taking your concerns about your drinking to a doctor or mental health counselor if you feel like your drinking is controlling your life. You may not be an alcoholic, but talking to a professional can help you avoid complications of excessive alcohol consumption such as heart disease, pancreatitis, and stroke. If your family or friends express concern over the amount you drink or the frequency of your hangovers, this may be a sign that your alcohol consumption is worth taking a look at.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

how does alcohol affect my heart ?
A daily glass or two of red wine or other alcoholic beverage may help lower your risk for cardiovasc...
how can ignition interlocks help prevent drunk driving ?
Ignition interlocks prevent drivers who were convicted of alcohol-impaired driving from operating th...
why is powdered alcohol controversial ?
Powdered alcohol is controversial for many reasons. It is not regulated by the Food and Drug Adm...
how can i protect myself against drunk drivers ?
Your best defense against a drunk driver is to buckle up every time. Every person in every seat shou...