Should I drink in moderation to protect my heart?

Despite some studies that have shown that alcohol can be beneficial in reducing the risks of heart disease, the American Heart Association does not recognize drinking alcohol as a legitimate heart-healthy activity.

There also are potential downsides associated with drinking alcohol, including alcoholism, liver disease, obesity, cancer and even heart disease.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

alcoholics anonymous is the best way to quit drinking , study finds
alcoholics anonymous is the most effective path to achieving sobriety , according to a march 2020 review of studies published in the cochrane database...
surprising reasons for your hangover , according to science
whether you are having beers with a buddy or celebrating wine wednesday with your bffs , a choice beverage can help make for a memorable evening . the...
what should i know about drinking champagne ?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
The effects of champagne can sneak up on you. In this video, I will reveal how the bubbles in champa...
does alcohol affect women differently ?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Men and women are not created equal when it comes to handling alcohol. Physiologically, there is a d...