Should I see a doctor about my hangover symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Your best response to hangover symptoms depends on the frequency and severity of your symptoms. Most people can successfully manage their hangovers on their own, so they don't need treatment. If you suffer from frequent hangovers or your hangovers are disruptive to your professional or personal life, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

The Alcohol-Cigarette Equivalency
The Alcohol-Cigarette Equivalency
In Paul Newman’s booze- and cigarette-laced performance in the 1982 film The Verdict, a man struggles to find a way out of his smoky, alcoholic haze. ...
The Hidden Health Risks of That Extra Drink
“It’s quarter to three and there’s no one in the place, but you and me. One for my baby and one more for the road.” That’s the chorus of the hit song,...
Alcohol and Cancer: What's the Connection?
Drinking is associated with a laundry list of health risks—more than 200, if you’re keeping track. The more you drink, the greater your risk for one o...
How Does Smoking (or Vaporizing) Alcohol Affect the Body?