Can drinking alcohol slow aging?

Well, if you're not at risk of alcohol or drug abuse, moderate drinking -- one half to one drink a day for women and one or two drinks a day for men -- may help you stay younger longer. A little alcohol can help your heart and arteries keep their spring. It's the alcohol in wine, spirits, or beer that provides the benefit. Red wine may produce an extra benefit, and I'll show you how to get that benefit, even if you don't like red wine. Moderate drinkers may gain as much as 1.9 years in RealAge (physiologic age). However, drinking too much and too often can be dangerous, even life-threatening. The RealAge of heavy drinkers can be three years older than that of nondrinkers.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Surprising Reasons for Your Hangover, According to Science
Whether you're having beers with a buddy or celebrating Wine Wednesday with your BFFs, a choice beverage can help make for a memorable evening. The po...
Why does alcohol cause dehydration?
Alcohol gets broken down by your body into different compounds. The alcohol chemical itself tells yo...
What should I know about drinking champagne?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
The effects of champagne can sneak up on you. In this video, I will reveal how the bubbles in champa...
Beer Is Good for Your Heart, Too!
Beer Is Good for Your Heart, Too!