How can humidity affect air temperature?

Humidity can cause the temperature to feel warmer than it really is. Humidity can be harmful if the humidity level and the temperature are high. For example, if the temperature outside is 92 degrees F and the relative humidity level is 65 percent, then the temperature outside will feel like 103 degrees F.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Air Quality

The Particulate Matter (PM) Air Pollution Quiz
By 2010, The Clean Air Act of 1970 caused the USA to reduce total emissions of six principal air pollutants by more than 41 percent, (while GDP increa...
How can I protect myself from ozone in the air?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Protect your health by following these tips: • From May to September, get your outdoor physical a...
How important is air quality for my health?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Yes, the quality of the air you breathe is important. Get outside at every opportunity. Think how wo...
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality