High altitude is defined as 5,000 to 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. An altitude between 11,500 and 18,000 feet (5,486.4 m) above sea level is considered to be very high altitude. Anything above 18,000 feet above sea level is considered to be an extreme altitude.
- Q Who is at the greatest risk of respiratory problems due to air pollution?
- Q What are the effects of poor indoor air quality on health?
- Q What has been done to protect workers from formaldehyde?
- Q What is smog?
- Q What is the air quality index (AQI)?
- Q How can walking near heavy traffic affect my heart?