High altitude is defined as 5,000 to 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. An altitude between 11,500 and 18,000 feet (5,486.4 m) above sea level is considered to be very high altitude. Anything above 18,000 feet above sea level is considered to be an extreme altitude.
- Q How can I protect myself from ozone in the air?
- Q How much oxygen does a person consume in a day?
- Q Are most schools properly ventilated?
- Q How can air quality in schools be improved?
- Q How can walking near heavy traffic affect my heart?
- Q How does cold weather affect my lungs?