High altitude is defined as 5,000 to 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. An altitude between 11,500 and 18,000 feet (5,486.4 m) above sea level is considered to be very high altitude. Anything above 18,000 feet above sea level is considered to be an extreme altitude.
- Q Who is at the greatest risk of respiratory problems due to air pollution?
- Q Can indoor air pollution cause health problems?
- Q Does altitude change the percentage of oxygen in the air?
- Q How can I check air quality each day?
- Q What are some harmful air pollutants?
- Q How does pollution affect my health?