High altitude is defined as 5,000 to 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. An altitude between 11,500 and 18,000 feet (5,486.4 m) above sea level is considered to be very high altitude. Anything above 18,000 feet above sea level is considered to be an extreme altitude.
- Q Why can mold be a dangerous air pollutant?
- Q How can I improve the quality of the air I breathe?
- Q How much oxygen does a person consume in a day?
- Q What outdoor toxins are most dangerous to your lungs?
- Q Does altitude change the percentage of oxygen in the air?
- Q Can indoor air pollution cause health problems?