How high is considered to be high altitude?

High altitude is defined as 5,000 to 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. An altitude between 11,500 and 18,000 feet (5,486.4 m) above sea level is considered to be very high altitude. Anything above 18,000 feet above sea level is considered to be an extreme altitude.

Continue Learning about Air Quality

Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Ahhhh, home at last. Time to unwind, kick off your shoes and take a deep breath of . . . pollution? Yep. Indoor air—in homes and offices—can be more ...
How much air do I breathe in every minute?
Quick quiz: Name the person who normally consumes 6 quarts per minute. a. Frat guy on his 21st birt...
How important is air quality for my health?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Yes, the quality of the air you breathe is important. Get outside at every opportunity. Think how wo...
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality