High altitude is defined as 5,000 to 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. An altitude between 11,500 and 18,000 feet (5,486.4 m) above sea level is considered to be very high altitude. Anything above 18,000 feet above sea level is considered to be an extreme altitude.
- Q How can air pollution cause breathing problems?
- Q How does cold weather affect my lungs?
- Q How much oxygen does a person consume in a day?
- Q What are some health risks of poor indoor air quality?
- Q Can indoor air pollution cause health problems?
- Q How can I check air quality each day?