How does AIDS-related lymphoma affect the body?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
In AIDS-related lymphoma, cancer cells invade the lymph system -- the bone marrow, tonsils, spleen, and thymus, plus the lymph nodes, vessels, and fluid -- which is part of the immune system. People with AIDS-related lymphoma may experience night sweats, fever, weight loss, fatigue, or swelling of the lymph nodes. While lymphomas may grow slowly in other people, they usually grow quickly in people infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...
What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...