How does AIDS-related lymphoma affect the body?

In AIDS-related lymphoma, cancer cells invade the lymph system -- the bone marrow, tonsils, spleen, and thymus, plus the lymph nodes, vessels, and fluid -- which is part of the immune system. People with AIDS-related lymphoma may experience night sweats, fever, weight loss, fatigue, or swelling of the lymph nodes. While lymphomas may grow slowly in other people, they usually grow quickly in people infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What are the major types of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the most common type of AIDS-related lymphoma. This cancer (which includes s...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What are the follow-up tests for AIDS-related lymphoma?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...