What are the treatment options for AIDS-related cancers?

If you have AIDS-related cancer, take medication to fight the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) while treating the cancer. This strategy may make it possible to treat the cancer aggressively. For example, anti-HIV medication can let some people with HIV to take bigger chemotherapy doses than their weakened immune systems would ordinarily allow. The most common cancer treatments involve chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery, depending on the specific type of cancer involved, and other less-well-known options may be considered.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Cancers

Should I talk to my doctor about my AIDS-related cancer symptoms?
If you have HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and notice symptoms that may be signs of cancer, you ...
Can treating HIV reduce the rate of AIDS-related cancers?
The widespread use of anti-HIV medication has slowed the rate of some AIDS-related cancers, but not ...
How does HIV affect my risk of developing cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection results in varying degrees of immune system suppression...
Are AIDS-related cancers serious?
AIDS-related cancers are very serious. They can be treated, but they can also be fatal. Different ty...