What are the treatment options for AIDS-related cancers?

If you have AIDS-related cancer, take medication to fight the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) while treating the cancer. This strategy may make it possible to treat the cancer aggressively. For example, anti-HIV medication can let some people with HIV to take bigger chemotherapy doses than their weakened immune systems would ordinarily allow. The most common cancer treatments involve chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery, depending on the specific type of cancer involved, and other less-well-known options may be considered.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Cancers

What are the symptoms of AIDS-related cancers?
Different AIDS-related cancers have different symptoms:Cervical cancer seldom causes symptoms in its...
How can AIDS-related cancers affect my quality of life?
Various AIDS-related cancers can cause symptoms ranging from fever to pain, bleeding, and memory los...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with AIDS-related cancer?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related cancer, they may face complex, lengthy, and possibly diffic...
Should I talk to my doctor about my AIDS-related cancer symptoms?
If you have HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and notice symptoms that may be signs of cancer, you ...