Can I adopt a child of a particular sex or age or more than one child?

Brooke Randolph
Marriage & Family Therapy
Yes, this is very possible, depending on country laws, state laws, agency policies, and your willingness to wait. The wait is often longer for younger children; however, this is also dependent on the country from which you choose to adopt. Be clear from the beginning when talking with agencies to determine if they have a good program that fits how you desire to grow your family. 

Continue Learning about Adoption

What medical issues do adopted children have?
Joni JohnstonJoni Johnston
In a way, that is like asking what medical issues biological children have!  It is impossible to pre...
How can I obtain medical records for my adopted child?
Adoption is more popular among Americans than ever before.Each year, about 125,000 native-born child...
How early should I talk about adoption with my adopted child?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
Start talking about adoption casually and positively from day one. If you open up the subject, then ...
How does being adopted affect a child?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
The circumstances that led to adoption will likely impact a child throughout his or her life in some...