What is the combined type of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Combined type is one of the three types of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). One study found that about one-third of children with ADHD have combined type. This type of ADHD includes a broad mix of ADHD symptoms. People are diagnosed with combined type of ADHD when their symptoms fit into both the predominantly inattentive and predominantly hyperactive-impulsive types of ADHD. These people often have trouble paying attention and following instructions. They also often tend to be hyperactive and impulsive.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Bike Safety for Kids with ADHD
Bike Safety for Kids with ADHD
Once hedge-funder Martin Shkreli got his hands on the rights to the life-saving, toxoplasmosis medication, Daraprim, he raised its price from $13.50 p...
What can I do for my teen with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
One of the main symptoms of ADHD is impulsiveness - the tendency to act without considering possible...
How can my child's school help with his ADHD?
Dr. Heath A. Cobb, MDDr. Heath A. Cobb, MD
If your child is diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), let the school know...
Do Adults with ADHD Have a Higher Chance of Drug or Alcohol Addiction?