How can problem-solving help my child with ADHD?

I have become convinced that most of the bad behavior of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) children can be solved by the same strategy:
  • Identifying the problem, such as, "My child does not follow directions."
  • Adopting a problem-solving attitude, not a blaming one.
  • Avoiding the urge to punish.
  • Making a serious effort to get inside the mind of your child.
  • Asking yourself and your child why the behavior makes sense.
  • Correcting any misperceptions and providing information that will solve the problem.
The Gift of ADHD Activity Book: 101 Ways to Turn Your Child's Problems into Strengths (Companion)

So much depends on how you look at things: Are you a glass-half-empty person, or do you discover advantages where other people find only weaknesses? When it comes to raising healthy, happy kids,...

Continue Learning about ADHD

Talking with Your Child's Doctor
Talking with Your Child's Doctor
By now you're probably aware that your child's ADHD can't be cured. But with your help, it can be effectively managed. One of the most important thing...
What are some lifestyle changes that can help manage ADHD symptoms?
Get plenty of sleep People with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) often have trouble s...
What are the risk factors for ADHD in children?
In addition to genetics, scientists are studying other possible causes and risk factors including: ...
How Does Sugar Consumption Affect ADHD?
How Does Sugar Consumption Affect ADHD?