Do adults with ADD have greater intuition?

Interpersonal intuition means that sometimes when someone with attention deficit disorder (ADD) is not listening to you they are distracted by tuning into your underlying emotional state or unspoken issues you are dealing with. When you are talking about a great victory you want to talk about, they might come back to you with a statement of how afraid you are. It may seem to make no sense and it may irritate you out of your wits. Of course they may be off target, but many times when they make these off the wall comments they are right on.

ADD people have a great ability to feel underlying emotions that are driving behavior or are being covered over by behavior. For example, you may talk about achievements as a way to sooth yourself from an underlying anxiety. The person with ADD will tune into the anxiety and not listen to what you say about the achievements. In some way you can see this as "free therapy." They are pointing out the underlying source of your need to talk about achievements.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Signs and Symptoms of ADHD in Adults
Signs and Symptoms of ADHD in Adults
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition that often starts in childhood. And as you grow into adulthood, the symptoms typically ...
What are alternative therapies for children with ADHD?
In psychosocial treatment therapies, children learn how to change some of the impulsive, inattentive...
How can I get my partner who has ADD to listen to me?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
I think it's important for your attention deficit disorder (ADD) partner to learn to pay closer ...
Spend Time Outdoors to Improve Your Concentration