A variety of counseling and support options can be used as alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Counseling services can help with interpersonal difficulties and also improve self-esteem and develop coping strategies. Support groups provide an opportunity to share and receive support from others who experience similar symptoms. Working to maintain good overall health by eating right, exercising, and getting regular and adequate sleep is also recommended.
- Q What are some nondrug therapies for ADHD?
- Q What should people consider when trying alternative therapies for ADHD?
- Q How does cognitive behavioral therapy help those with ADHD?
- Q Can ADD/ADHD medications calm a person down?
- Q How can I help my child with ADHD reduce stress?
- Q Can spending time in nature relieve symptoms of ADHD?