A variety of counseling and support options can be used as alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Counseling services can help with interpersonal difficulties and also improve self-esteem and develop coping strategies. Support groups provide an opportunity to share and receive support from others who experience similar symptoms. Working to maintain good overall health by eating right, exercising, and getting regular and adequate sleep is also recommended.
- Q How do ADHD medications affect the brain?
- Q What are some nondrug therapies for ADHD?
- Q How can I help my child with ADHD reduce stress?
- Q What is behavior modification for ADHD?
- Q Can optometric vision training help people with ADHD?
- Q Can medication cure attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?