A variety of counseling and support options can be used as alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Counseling services can help with interpersonal difficulties and also improve self-esteem and develop coping strategies. Support groups provide an opportunity to share and receive support from others who experience similar symptoms. Working to maintain good overall health by eating right, exercising, and getting regular and adequate sleep is also recommended.
- Q Do doctors believe that only medication can treat ADHD?
- Q What are the different types of ADHD treatment for children?
- Q What happens when ADD goes untreated?
- Q Have research studies identified the best ADHD treatments for children?
- Q What are examples of behavioral-therapy treatments for ADHD?
- Q What are psychosocial treatments for ADHD?