A variety of counseling and support options can be used as alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Counseling services can help with interpersonal difficulties and also improve self-esteem and develop coping strategies. Support groups provide an opportunity to share and receive support from others who experience similar symptoms. Working to maintain good overall health by eating right, exercising, and getting regular and adequate sleep is also recommended.
- Q Can medicines for depression help ADD?
- Q How does cognitive behavioral therapy help those with ADHD?
- Q Can ADD/ADHD medications calm a person down?
- Q Do psychosocial treatments increase the efficacy of ADHD drugs?
- Q How does a psychologist treat ADHD?
- Q What is the treatment for attention disorders?