A neurologist, a brain and nervous system specialist, can diagnose and treat ADHD. In fact, kids with ADHD symptoms are often sent to a neurologist or a developmental pediatrician to find out if the symptoms are from ADHD or from some other medical problem in the brain. Once a diagnosis is made, neurologists, psychiatrists, or developmental pediatricians can prescribe ADHD medications and monitor and/or adjust them as needed.
- Q Can blood pressure medications help treat ADHD?
- Q What is multimodal treatment for ADHD?
- Q What medications treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?
- Q How can college students with ADHD become better organized?
- Q How can teens with ADHD and learning disabilities get help?
- Q What is cerebellar training for ADHD?