A neurologist, a brain and nervous system specialist, can diagnose and treat ADHD. In fact, kids with ADHD symptoms are often sent to a neurologist or a developmental pediatrician to find out if the symptoms are from ADHD or from some other medical problem in the brain. Once a diagnosis is made, neurologists, psychiatrists, or developmental pediatricians can prescribe ADHD medications and monitor and/or adjust them as needed.
- Q Should I consult both a psychiatrist and a pediatrician regarding ADHD?
- Q Can diet or supplements help control ADHD?
- Q How do doctors treat people with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD?
- Q What are the different treatment options for ADD?
- Q How can I find the best treatment for my adult ADHD?
- Q What should I know about medication for ADHD?