How many needles will my acupuncturist use?

Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
An acupuncturist will have to examine you and determine the number of needles to use. Different practitioners may choose to use different numbers of needles to treat the same ailment. There is also no minimum or maximum number of needles used. Personally, I have used as few as one needle to as many as dozens at a time.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Imagine relief from back pain without medication. Imagine childbirth without the intense pain. These are just a few of the many benefits acupuncture may provide. Acupuncture originated in China thousands of years ago. It involves ...

a technique using very thin needles, which are strategically inserted in certain parts of your body. The theory is founded on balancing the flow of energy (qi or chi) through pathways (meridians) in your body. Practitioners believe that by restoring the energy flow, a re-balancing and restoration of harmony will be restored to your body. Western medicine is becoming more and more open to this ancient practice, and over the past several decades, acupuncture has been looked upon as a favorable alternative to treating many conditions.