How many needles will my acupuncturist use?

Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
An acupuncturist will have to examine you and determine the number of needles to use. Different practitioners may choose to use different numbers of needles to treat the same ailment. There is also no minimum or maximum number of needles used. Personally, I have used as few as one needle to as many as dozens at a time.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art, which uses ha...
What is an acupoint (acupuncture point)?
An acupoint is a specific spot on the body where an acupuncture needle may be inserted to contro...
What is constitutional acupuncture?
Constitutional acupuncture is a type of acupuncture based on a form of Oriental medicine in which tr...
What Should I Know Before I Get a Cupping Treatment?