How many needles will my acupuncturist use?

Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
An acupuncturist will have to examine you and determine the number of needles to use. Different practitioners may choose to use different numbers of needles to treat the same ailment. There is also no minimum or maximum number of needles used. Personally, I have used as few as one needle to as many as dozens at a time.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art, which uses ha...
Is acupuncture covered by health insurance?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Many insurance companies cover acupuncture treatments. Call your insurance company to see if they co...
How does acupuncture affect the vagus nerve?
Acupuncture causes measurable increases in vagus nerve activity, so it is at least theoretically pos...
What Is Ear Acupuncture?
What Is Ear Acupuncture?