Can acupuncture help treat hot flashes in men?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
One small study suggests that acupuncture can help treat hot flashes in men. In this study, 14 men who were suffering hot flashes were given half hour sessions of acupuncture twice a week for four weeks. The benefit at two weeks averaged around a 70% improvement, and by six weeks the improvement was 90%. Even after 8 months, the improvement was still around 80%, which is pretty remarkable. Although this was a small study, the results are quite strong.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
What are some risks of acupuncture?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
While acupuncture is a highly safe form of physical medicine, there are a few risks. These inclu...
What are some guidelines to follow if I decide to try acupuncture?
Guidance for using acupuncture for weight loss:• Choose a qualified practitioner. Most states requir...
Is Acupuncture Effective?
Is Acupuncture Effective?