Should I be worried if I have symptoms of acromegaly?

Acromegaly is a serious disease, so if you believe you may have symptoms of the condition, talk to your doctor immediately. While the progression of the disease is slow, it can irreversibly alter a person&apso;s physical appearance, such as the hands, feet, face, and chest. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other health problems that may be life threatening. Early treatment can help prevent the development of these complications.

Continue Learning about Acromegaly

What is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a condition in adults in which the body produces too much growth hormone. This overpro...
What is the rate of incidence for acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a rare disease. Every year, about three or four people in every million develop acrome...
How common is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is not very common. It is a rare condition that affects about 60 in every million people....
Is acromegaly life threatening?
When acromegaly is treated early, doctors have a much better chance of managing the progression of t...