Should I be worried if I have symptoms of acromegaly?

Acromegaly is a serious disease, so if you believe you may have symptoms of the condition, talk to your doctor immediately. While the progression of the disease is slow, it can irreversibly alter a person&apso;s physical appearance, such as the hands, feet, face, and chest. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other health problems that may be life threatening. Early treatment can help prevent the development of these complications.

Continue Learning about Acromegaly

Is acromegaly life threatening?
When acromegaly is treated early, doctors have a much better chance of managing the progression of t...
What is acromegaly?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Tumors that produce excess growth hormone cause the condition known as acromegaly. Physical changes ...
What is the rate of incidence for acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a rare disease. Every year, about three or four people in every million develop acrome...
How common is acromegaly?
Scientists estimate that three to four out of every million people develop acromegaly each year ...