Can Tylenol (acetaminophen) poisoning be prevented?

Tylenol (acetaminophen) poisoning is completely preventable. Prevent overdose by paying close attention to the recommended doses of both prescription and over-the-counter drugs containing acetaminophen, and be wary if multiple drugs that you ingest contain acetaminophen. You should always read medication labels and use drugs as directed. Follow warnings on the package if you suffer from any health problems or alcoholism.

Continue Learning about Acetaminophen

What is acetaminophen?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Acetaminophen is one of the most commonly used, over-the-counter pain relievers, found in Tyleno...
What can I take instead of acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain relief?
Instead of relying on one medication to relieve your constant pain, you can switch back and fort...
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Can I Take Too Much Acetaminophen?
Play It Safe When You Take Acetaminophen