Is ramipril safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?

No, it is not safe for a pregnant woman to take ramipril. Serious disease and death have occurred in scientific studies, showing ramipril to be dangerous for pregnant women. Breastfeeding women taking ramipril do not pass the drug in measurable amounts, but it is still advised that breastfeeding women not take ramipril if there is another option. If you need to take ramipril and are breastfeeding, you should stop breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What can I take for a cough that is caused by my ACE inhibitor medication?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many people with diabetes have problems with high blood pressure. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE...
How do ACE inhibitors help prevent stroke?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
ACE inhibitors (benazepril, enalapril) are medications commonly used to prevent ischemic stroke. The...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing heart failure?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective for patients with systolic heart failure. AC...