What should I know about enalapril and felodipine before taking it?

Lexxel, the prescription drug combination of Enalapril and Felodipine, was used to treat high blood pressure. This combination is no longer available as Astra-Zeneca, the only manufacturers of Lexxel, discontinued the medicine in 2008.

Angiotension converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors like enalapril should not be taken during pregnancy as they may cause death to the fetus or serious birth defects.
Before you takeEnalapril and Felodipine, tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, vitamins, and supplements, to avoid any medication interactions.Also be sure to tell your doctor about any medical conditions you have since Enalapril and Felodipine is not safe for everyone. People with bone marrow problems, with kidney failure who do not produce urine, who are allergic to ACE inhibitors, felodipine or medications like felodipine, or who have ever had angioedema (any unusual swelling of the face, neck, head, lips or tongue) should not use Enalapril and Felodipine.

Enalapril and Felodipine should be used carefully, in people with diabetes, hyperparathyroidism, organ transplant, lupus, narrowing of blood vessels to kidney, liver failure, asthma, or lupus. Women who are breastfeeding should talk to their doctor about whether the benefits of Enalapril and Felodipine outweigh the possible risk to the baby. You can get dehydrated while you are taking Enalapril and Felodipine, so be sure to get enough liquids. Be careful when you are taking this medicine not to stand up too quickly or you might get dizzy.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

What are ACE inhibitor drugs for heart failure management?
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are recommended for all people with systolic heart fa...
Why are ACE inhibitor medications beneficial if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
An angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor is an oral medicine that lowers blood pressure. For...
What should I know before taking ACE inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
You should not take an ACE inhibitor if you have ever shown signs of intolerance when taking one in ...
How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing coronary artery disease?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective in lowering the risk of heart failure and ot...