If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Accupril?

It's dangerous to take the high blood pressure medication Accupril (quinapril) if you're pregnant. Using Accupril or any ACE inhibitor during pregnancy can seriously harm or even kill a developing fetus. If you discover that you're pregnant while on Accupril, don't take another dose and call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about ACE Inhibitor

How effective are ACE inhibitors for managing heart failure?
The many available ACE inhibitors are equally effective for patients with systolic heart failure. AC...
How effective are angiotensin receptor blockers for heart failure?
ARBs are sometimes considered as alternatives to ACE inhibitors for people with heart failure after ...
How do ACE inhibitors treat heart attacks?
Anjan Gupta, MDAnjan Gupta, MD
Heart attack is caused by rupture of cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels of the heart leading to...
Can I take blood pressure medication if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, it is important to keep certain factors in mind if you have high blood pressur...